Friday, March 9, 2007

The Update...from a previous post on myspace

I posted this blog on myspace a couple of weeks ago and thought I should include it on here. Just a little update on what's going on with the job stuff!

I'm sure that some of you are wondering what has been going on lately. If I haven't talked to you in the past couple of months, you probably have no idea…but I wanted to share with you anyways. Long story short, my last day at the ministry was Jan. 31. I had been working there for over three years. Everything is good and things are great with me and the staff at BGM. (That's usually the first question that is asked…is everything ok?? So I thought I'd go ahead and answer that!) It's just a time of transition for all of us…and it's all a very good one and best of all…It's all in God's timing.

Back in September, I really started struggling with my job there. Another huge struggle was my financial situation. I love this ministry, I love Haiti, and I love the people I work with. But I really do feel like God was directing me elsewhere. So I talked to Brent several months ago and thus began the process of praying through my situation. And my prayers were answered. Although I love what I do, my heart isn't there anymore. And I don't believe that I would be a good steward of my time and my talent if I stayed. I also believe that God has chosen the people to come in to the ministry and fill the needs that are here. His plans are so much better than ours.

Throughout the month of January, I interviewed several places. I started to let people know that I was searching for a job. I posted a couple of myspace bulletins. My friend Isaac saw one of those and then heard that his office was looking for an office manager. (Good timing eh?) So I sent him my resume, interviewed with the President of the company and was offered the job on Friday, January 26. It always seems that when God moves us, He does things quickly! For that I am truly thankful.

As of January 29, I am now the office manager/executive assistant at Anode, engineered experiences. It's a marketing/design firm in Nashville. Check out their website www.anode.com. Our offices are downtown right across the street from the Hard Rock Café. It's a very cool place. I've only been here for a week, but I'm excited about the company and what I'm going to be a part of. The people here are great.

So…that's my story this week. I hope as I get settled in to the new position, that I'll have more time to correspond with friends. I feel so out of the loop and I know that people think that I'm avoiding them. I haven't…things are just super busy. I hope to catch up soon! ?

As of today, I'm loving my new job. I'm learning a lot and I'm getting more and more involved in the whole production process. The people I work with are great and they seem to really like me...so that's always good! :) I'm sure I'll write more later on about this!

SEE YA!

No comments: