Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Texas...recap

Well, it is my last night here in Dallas. I fly back to Nashville tomorrow at 12:45. Ginger is taking me to the airport on her way to work, so I'll have a couple of hours to kill at Love Field. I checked....there is a Starbucks. So it'll be fine and good!

I had a list of things that I had hoped to accomplish while here. A few can be marked off. I hope my time in the airport tomorrow will allow me to be productive. The main thing I really want to get done is put together a budget. I'm really not that great with money. I don't think I spend like crazy, but I do feel like I could be quite a bit better at saving and at paying off my debt more quickly. Plus I'm starting to feel a bit guilty about the two pairs of shoes that I bought this weekend. So starting this week....I'm going to commit to being a better steward of what I have.

Here's a quick run down of what I did this week. (in bullet points!! for you my friend)

- Flights from Nashville to Houston then Houston to Dallas on Thursday night. Lots of turbulence and a longer delay in Houston. Just enough time for me to puke in the bathroom. I get to Dallas and Ginger meets me at baggage claim. So good to see her!

- Friday was perfect. G had to work, so I stayed at her apartment, in my PJ's, all day. I read, I napped, and that's it! Didn't turn on the TV once! We had dinner at Chuy's with Ms. Heather Snell and then we grabbed some ice cream and came back home. Pretty low key...very fun!

- Saturday we went shopping. I bought some fun stuff at this high end mall. If I had been by myself, I might've been a bit intimidated...but when you have a friend with you, it's easier to laugh at the old, rich women who are wearing their fancy scarves and high heels when they go shopping at Neiman Marcus. Bought some shoes at Urban Outfitters and a few other random things. After I spent more money than I had planned, we went and saw a matinee. The Magnolia shows mostly independent films and old movies. We saw Son of Ranbow and then had dinner at BJs. We made another stop at Chuy's for some margaritas and chips w/dip. Good Good Good!

- Sunday was church at 9 am. Great great service...I'll tell more about that in another blog. Then we went to Super Target where I bought another pair of shoes and a couple of new blouses. We had Rudy's BBQ with Hilary and Jude and then we went to IKEA. Which pretty much changed my life. I always made fun of people who talked about IKEA and how great it is and how much they wish there was one close by. But now I am one of those dorky people. It was fun. After shopping, we came back and watched Dead Poets Society and chilled. We ate dinner at Ghengis Grill and came home and watched the Holiday. I had never seen either of these movies and was really impressed with both.

- Today, I got up and cooked breakfast. A little bit of sausage and gravy with biscuits. We got cleaned up and then went to Sam Moons with Angel. This store has every accessory you could ever need. I refrained and only bought one pair of earrings. We had lunch at this super cute french bistro. Came back to the apartment and took naps. I wish I could take a nap every day! I love them. After we woke up, we ate at Chip's Old Fashioned Burgers and then went to Starbucks over in the West Village. We went back to the Magnolia and watched Mister Lonely. I really enjoyed...Ginger didn't so much. It was definitely a weird flick.

That's my trip in a nutshell. I've had lots of time to rest and reflect. I feel like when I get home, I'll be able to approach things with a clear mind. A new chapter is starting in my life. I'm excited about it...and once I've processed through everything that I'm feeling, I'll share.

Well, it's 12:30 and I have to get up early so we can leave by 8:30. It'll be good to be back in Nashville. See you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.