Thursday, July 5, 2007

A few simple words can make someone's day...

Long story short...I ran into an old friend last night. Actually, more like an aquaintance from about 10 years ago. He had gone to college with the girl I was hanging out with, so he remembered her well...but when I walked up...he was like, "Hey I remember you." A little bit shocked...because seriously, it had been a long time and we really didn't spend a lot of time hanging out before. So it was nice that he remembered.

Later that night he told me that I had the sweetest face. He said, that's why he remembered me so well. I have a sweet face. Totally made my night...and my day today for that matter. Which made me start thinking about this verse.

Proverbs 16:24 "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

It's so easy and so powerful. To be kind...to see something special in another person and to speak it into their life. There's healing in that. We have the power to give healing. So why don't I do it more? I'm thankful that someone spoke healing to me this week.

No comments: